tisdag, januari 15, 2008

The final, objective truth of Rails versus Grails.

So it's time to bring out the guns, boxing gloves and whatever martial arts knowledge you possess. If you want the full story, start with Graeme's post here, and drill your way down from there.

I finally lost my patience with this discussion and decided that I should tell you all the truth. The final, totally objective, totally realistic answer to the question of Rails, Grails and Everything.

No, wait. I won't!

And that's it. This discussion is becoming a bit silly. I don't expect someone will see me recommending Grails, and I'm sure we all would be very surprised seeing Graeme recommend JRuby on Rails. So what's the point?

2 kommentarer:

Graeme Rocher sa...

A very mature policy Ola, I applaud you ;-)

Anonym sa...

"I don't expect someone will see me recommending Grails, and I'm sure we all would be very surprised seeing Graeme recommend JRuby on Rails."

That's too bad. While that's probably true on both counts, it still doesn't sound like the most mature attitude, nor one that anyone can learn from. Of course there are places where Groovy will be a better choice than JRuby, and vice versa. And as a professional you should be able to recommend either.

Consider doing this for yourselves and the blogging community:

A Position Exchange.

You, Graeme, the guys at Relevance and any other key players in the debate should switch sides for a week.

Try "the other guy's stuff" and blog about the things you actually do like about it.

We'll all learn a lot more and it might end the emotion. Hell, it might even be fun! :-)

Cheers,
Clinton