Download at: http://dist.codehaus.org/jruby/
This release has some great improvements:
- Ruby on Rails support. We have been working hard on getting Rails own unit tests running and over 98% of them now run successfully. We feel things are running well enough to invite Ruby users to kick the tires and help root out any final issues.
- Ruby classes can extend concrete/abstract Java classes and override methods
- New Java primitive array syntax
- Reimplementation of String, Numeric classes, and Array to be more correct and performant
- Significant bottlenecks have been identified. In some cases IO is 6.5x faster than previous releases. Java included classes are significantly faster than in the past.
- 220 Jira issues resolved since last release
The amount of IRC conversations, mailing list threads, bug reports, patches, and blog entries in the community has been a great help and our community is really making a huge difference in how fast JRuby is improving. The amount of progress is really staggering!
If you have ever thought that JRuby wasn't mature enough, I would like to contradict that now. With this release we are better than ever.
More information can be found at http://www.jruby.org.