torsdag, september 14, 2006

London arrival

My London arrival yesterday was really abysmal. Our flight was two hours late and when we finally arrived at our hotel (Russell Hotel: never live there), they told us one of our five reserved room was damp. So, we told her to fix another hotel close to the conference center. At that point she gave our rooms to somebody else. As if that was not enough, they were incredibly rude and tried to blame "management" for what had happen. A management that conveniently wasn't around and would talk to us on phone.

Finally, after two hours waiting, we got rooms at Hilton Waldorf. When I finally got to bed the clock was 3am local time and I was to stressed out to get any restful sleep.

The good part of the sleeplessness is that I had time to do some hacking. I've implemented support for Mimer SQL in ActiveRecord-JDBC and also fixed a small error that Peter Chan found while trying it out.

For those who don't know about it, I really recommend Mimer. It's a great database, really fast and extremely focused on complete SQL compliance in all ways.

I'm writing this a few minutes after the first plenary session for RailsConf was supposed to start. This will be interesting. I have already said hi to Charles, and it looks to be two interesting days. Envy me! =)

Inga kommentarer: