söndag, juni 17, 2007

Book update

As you know, I am writing on a book about JRuby on Rails. A few minutes ago I finished the first draft of chapter 14. That means that there are just 3 chapters and 3 appendixes left to write (chapter 1, 2 and 15). So the writing is going very well, but it's taking a heavy toll on me personally. I seriously don't recommend writing a book like this in your spare time, while at the same time switching employer, moving abroad and try to be a core developer in an open source project which is getting lots of attention.

So, in summary: it's going well, it still looks like it will be out in October, and I'm deadly tired.

3 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

It's great news Ola. I am really looking forward for JRuby book. Are you going to release as a beta book on Apress earlier. I want to dive in JRuby but don't have much time to explore and find tutorial in web. Hope yours book provide me the one stop resource.
Good luck.

Anonym sa...

Ahhh, but we appreciate the effort!

Brian Ehmann sa...

A JRuby Book? Sweet!! I can not wait.