Some of the most important points of this release:
- Major compatibility and performance overhaul of String, Array, Hash
- Many YAML and Marshalling issues have been fixed
- Java Integration overhaul fixing many outstanding issues
- 180 Jira issues resolved
- Several more bottlenecks removed
- Rails applications like Mephisto and plugins like Goldberg are running without hitches
- Performance has improved by 40% over 0.9.8 based on YARV benchmarks
In conjunction with 0.9.9, Rails-integration will see a new release, that improves many parts of it. Since we've actually started using Rails-integration in more places, we have also noticed things that need to be improved; the new release is very good.
ActiveRecord-JDBC 0.2.4 will also be released very soon. We have made some major changes, and much of the core have been rewritten. These changes make MySQL fully compatible with ActiveRecord, and we are working hard on improving support for other databases. Hopefully, the 0.2.4 release will mean Derby support is more or less complete too.